The Bars at 1732 Westheimer

Locker
Different Drum
Chutes

The Drum
Known as The Different Drum until Spring 1982

this gets confusing....same location, two bars

The Locker Room opened circa May 1974
and shortened its name to The Locker by the end of the year

It closed October 1979, and
The Drum opened in this location 5/2/80

and closed 8/12/83

while the Locker re-opened and took its place
from 12/9/83 until June 1984
lasting seven months

and The Drum
re-opened 6/15/84
and lasted another year, until March 1985

Photo courtesy of Brandon Wolf, taken during Pride Week 1982
Below, two pre-opening ads from TWT

  

Opened 5/2/80

  

  

  

1981

  

1982

  

Note, around this time name shortened to just The Drum

combined ad with The Loading Dock, across the street

below, combined ad with the French Quarter, and Bullet

1983

  

again, this gets confusing....
The Drum opened in this location 5/2/80

and closed 8/12/83

while the Locker re-opened and took its place
and lasted seven months

and The Drum
re-opened 6/15/84
and lasted another year

1984

The Drum, reborn

  

  

1985

Below, last listing in the TWT Guide, 3/29/85, and its closing announced in Hot Tea